LANACare Softline Organic Merino Wool Warming Breast Pads - Small
For more information on GOTS: https://www.global-standard.org/the-standard/general-description.html
For more information, please visit STANDARD 100 by OEKO-TEX®
If you've never considered wool nursing pads, think again! These organic merino wool nursing pads by LanaCare are the softest ever and follow the time-tested wisdom of Scandinavian midwives who for centuries have advised moms to keep their breasts warm to prevent plugged ducts and mastitis. Organic wool nursing pads offer many benefits to breastfeeding moms:
- Natural breathable warmth stimulates breast circulation
- Prevention of plugged ducts and mastitis
- Gentle warming relief for nipple vasospasm (Raynauds of the nipple)
- Naturally-occurring lanolin promotes healing of cracked and sore nipples
- Suberb absorbency wicks moisture away from your skin to keep you dry and comfortable
- Even when soaked, wool remains warm, never cold and clammy like cotton or disposables
- Naturally contains lanolin which soothes sore nipples
- Organic untreated wool is naturally self-cleansing and anti-microbial due to naturally-occurring lanolin
- Wool maintains a comfortable body temperature in heat or cold
- KbT, GOTS, IVN Best Certified Organic Merino Wool
LanaCare wool nursing pads are produced with the utmost care from GOTS certified organic mulesing-free merino wool from Patagonia. They are incredibly soft and gentle due to a special patented processing method.
How to use LanaCare Organic Wool Nursing Pads for Vasospasm? Gentle consistent warmth can relieve the pain and discomfort from vasospasm (Raynauds of the nipple). Wear LanaCare Organic Wool Nursing Pads continuously for gentle warmth day and night. Avoid getting cold, including your hands, and avoid exposure to wind and drafts.
How many LanaCare Nursing Pads do I need? For most women, 2-3 pairs is all they'll ever need because LanaCare Nursing Pads do not need to be washed after every wear. When one pair feels wet, allow it to dry while wearing the other pair. As the wool absorbs moisture, the lanolin is converted to lanolin-soap, which has an antibacterial effect that keeps the wool clean, fresh and hygienic. Once the moisture evaporates, only the milk solids remain. When these build up and the pad starts to feel stiff, it's time to wash your LanaCare Nursing Pads.
How to Care for your LanaCare Nursing Pads Handwash by hand in lukewarm water with LanaCare Lanolin-Replenishing Soap. Do not use cold water as it can shock the wool fibers and cause shrinkage. Roll pads in a towel to press out excess water. Give the pads a quick, brisk shake to help them regain their form and elasticity. Lay pads flat to dry, preferably over a mild heat source. If you are suffering from thrush it is important to sterilize your pads. You can do this by placing just washed pads dripping wet (never dry) in a microwave on high for 2 minutes.